1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Webb Calls The Iran Bluff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 25, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 70,

I have no idea how you could come away thinking of Reagan as a hero of the book. But you know the Barbara Feldon thing, so your's critical reading of it must be spot on. BTW (red herring dept) Great rip job on Karen Crouse, spoken like a man who would trade a testicle for a story on a NFL star who was sexually abused as a young man. Which story is yours in BASW?

YHS, etc

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fof -my apoligies - I was responding to the irrational pm that you sent me complaining about my treatment of Karen crouse. I had thought I was sending you pm and had not realized I was posting to webb thread.

3. friend of the friendless

Misstur 70,

No, the apoligy is mine. I thought I was posting a re-pli and instead I sent a messig to your's box. Miscommunications like this prolly led to Iran-Contra. Who's got a pardon? Hero? Hero?

Your's Umblar Survamp, ibid op cit

4. Boom_70

No trouble - here is the message that you mistakenly PM'ed me - now it is in correct spot:

5. friend of the friendless

Mr 70,

Yup. "Thats" it.

YHS, etc

6. Nightengale's Song is excellent. Webb is simply a bad ass.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Can we stop acting like cocksuckers here?

Oh, and fwiw, the amendment was put off in a little political spat between the Dems and the GOP. Whenever it's taken up again though, the one side I talked with said they had no idea how it would fare.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought this was the remake of 'Get Smart.'

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A more cutting insult of Wellstone I've never seen.

10. Boom --
    Vietnam vets was my first beat in the business, from 1979-1983. Reagan cut the hell out of the VA budget for everything from outpatient care to PTSD research. He stonewalled on Agent Orange. His VA director, a guy named Robert Nimmo, used to regularly dismiss the legitimate health care needs of the vets. He actually once used the word, "crybabies."
    So, no. You're wrong. Reagan wasn't a hero to the average Vietnam vet. He was the guy who closed their clinics.

11. Boom_70

In context of Timberg book he was.

12. Maybe, but that's an awfully limited context.
    And the "stab in the back" elements of the Timberg book, especially as related to that authoritarian freak Ollie North, really torpedoed that book's credibility.

Draft saved Draft deleted