1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Webb Calls The Iran Bluff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 25, 2007.

1. http://thinkprogress.org/2007/09/25/webb-kyl-lieb-iran/

Welcome to your next war.
    Watch the Democrats scurry under the bed.
    Again.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well that's one guy with balls. Anyone else?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Where have you gone, Senator Wellstone, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

"Cheney's fondest pipe dream." Good stuff.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Webb (and maybe Tester) shoulda been Time's Man of the Year for 2006. Poor old Lindsay Graham drew the short straw when he had to sit beside Webb on Meet the Press a while back. He has been a hero of mine for about ten years now (after reading R Timberg's Nightingale's Song, which I can't recommend highly enuf).

YHS, etc

6. Yeah, but IMHO he's cast a couple of bad votes in the last month.
    I like this, though.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If not for macaca boy, Jim Webb would be a private citizen right now.

8. There is a god.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So can we assume that Reagan , McCain , Mcfarland, Pondexter and North are also hero's of your's ?

10. friend of the friendless

Mr 70,

So can we assume that Reagan , McCain , Mcfarland, Pondexter and North are also hero's of your's ?

Why the use of the possessive of hero? Very odd. As for "your's" ... a construction that I'm unfamiliar with. Which campus paper do you work the rim for? And my respect for McCain (and this book) is a matter of record. Poindexter, Bud Mac, tortured souls. (P-dexter a tortured genius, arguably.) North a bastard. Congrats for leafing through Amazon.com's book reviews, Lit-Lite Boomer!

YHS, etc

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

FOF- 'shoulda' and 'enuf' aren't real words. You are spending too much time in chat rooms.

Since Reagan was the real hero of Nightengale Song I guess we can assume he is a hero to you also.

12. friend of the friendless

Mr 70,

Learn your possessives. Get the proper spelling of the title, then maybe I'll believe you read a book, if not this one. And ol' Ron wasn't the hero of this tome. I'll loan you a copy. Maybe someone can read it to you.

"Your's" Humble "Servant's", Ed Setera

Draft saved Draft deleted