1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Thome traded to Orioles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Thome-Teixeira thing is him being a shtinker. On the other point, Long hasn't exactly been seen as a linchpin for the Yankees. He has been questioned before.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Then I disagree with your definition of troll. I believe it is somebody whose goal is to start shit when he posts. He doesn't have to dominate threads. If he fails to take over a thread, that just means he isn't very good at it. The intent is still there.

And to state that right now Jim Thome is better than Mark Teixeira is not just an opinion that I disagree with. It is ridiculous and even Manky knows it.

3. dooley_womack1

Well, then, what to make of the egging on of people about salary caps or lack of such. If theoretically someone engaged in that.

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Tex led that team to a Championship.

5. outofplace

I mean every word I type about those things, except the ones that are clearly sarcasm. And there is actual evidence to support my point. You can't support an argument for Thome for Teixeria in 2012.

6. dooley_womack1

Well, o_t clearly means the garbage he spews out. Does that make him better than Manky?

7. outofplace

Honestly? Yes. Posting shit you don't mean for the sole purpose of trying to start shit is worse.

8. dooley_womack1

OK, whatevs.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

LOLZ.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wrong. Being frothing-at-the-mouth delirious about something ONLY YOU believe is worse. The other is harmless.

And I'm not talking about tony.

11. outofplace

Intent matters, IJAG.

But it's ok. We forgive you for frothing at the mouth about the evils of running threads.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Then what's your intent for 90 percent of your posts? Because you make them, and then you start pissing matches. So if that's not your intent, you fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted