1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Thome traded to Orioles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I've posted before-and-afters for all of the Yankee hitters under Long's tenure. It is shocking how much worse the hitters have done under his coaching. Tex was on a Hall of Fame track until he came to NY. Fortunately, Jeter had already played over a decade in MLB before they hired Long.

2. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Here's who I would like to see as Yankees hitting coach:

[​IMG]

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Still don't think he is a troll, dooley?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ciphers are just goofy and fixated. Trolls are shit disturbers.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Didn't realize Thome was drafted as a shortstop.

And Manky, Texiera is a better option defensively.

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Go ahead and laugh, but an MLB team would be wise to hire Bonds as hitting coach. He is the smartest hitter since Ted Williams.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't know what your problem is, but the direction that thread has taken has little to do with the handful of posts I've made there over the last several weeks. The thread has basically become straight-up karaoke, where the only one having any fun is the one doing the singing. I don't much give a shit, but if a breakout from the running threads gives us more interesting/entertaining stuff to read, then by all means have them.

8. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Tex is good with the glove but he's been a disappointment since 2009.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I went to my fridge and pulled out some of those pepper jack cheese-filled pretzel bites and microwaved them, turned on my favorite top-40 station, put on the earphones and then cherished this thread in its entirety.

It's been delightful. If I wasn't typing with one hand (because I have a Diet Coke in the other hand, you dirty-minded little cretins), I would post the 1940s-style standing ovation GIF.

If Jim Thome were here, his head would explode. And really, I think that's all IJAG really wanted in the first place.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm sorry if my posts came across mean to you. They weren't meant. I had NO BEEF with your post. I actually laughed. But my point was that there's a lot of stuff in those threads that most people don't care about.

It was just an example. I meant no personal attack. It was just the most off-baseball-topic I found in the page and a half I read from the point where the thread was linked on this page.

Truth. :)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Depends what you believe. Is he an idiot fanboy or somebody who intentionally posts stupid shit so he can stir shit up? The former is a cipher. The latter is a troll.

Can anybody really be stupid enough to say that right now Jim Thome is better than Mark Teixeria? Or that a hitting coach whose team has led the majors in runs scored three of the past five seasons should be fired? If you said no to those questions, then he is a troll.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

By the definition of "if someone says anything I disagree with, they're a troll" then you're a troll to 90 percent of the people on this board.

Trolls, to me, have to dominate threads, have to take several positions meant to incite, and have to be overpowering with their trollness.

Which at least clears Manky of the two people discussed in this post.

Draft saved Draft deleted