1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Thome traded to Orioles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, joke.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I like Manky.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Ditto.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Maybe the Yanks could trade for Thome and play him at short. They wouldn't lose any range and even Thome could hit better than the .243 Jeter's hit since May 5.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So no one can point out how stupid it is for the fucking troll to start a thread about a meaningless trade which, by the way, was already being talked about elsewhere on the board?

Fuck that.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not with your attempt at snark (emphasis on "attempt"), no. A simple "If this doesn't get a lot of action, it was mentioned on the running thread" would be fine.

But "Manky gets to start threads, duh!!!LOL!!!![/blue]" is stupid. And as 21 has said so many times, if you have to use the blue font, you're doing it wrong.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There is nothing stupid about it. You do not need to read the thread if you don't like it, as Others have explained. You see Manky as an easy target so you pounce all over him. I rarely see you do that with anybody else.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call Manky a troll, but a cipher, the Mancrush Poster, just transferred from Saraceno to Jeter. I slag on him good-naturedly on occasion; he's certainly not a JDV type.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Wasn't comparing the posters, but the situations and others' reactions to the posters. Both have gotten the Internet tough guy treatment in attempts to get them to quit posting.

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Thome was actually drafted as a shortstop.

Jeter has gone through spells like this before. He will play through injuries but he has always bounced back. This is about the time last year where he went on a tear.

11. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I am a fan of Thome. I would take him any day over Tex.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, Thome doesn't have to overcome Kevin Long as a batting coach. Sure, Long's teams have led the majors in runs scored three times in his five full seasons as the Yankees hitting coach and they finished second last year, but he allowed Derek Jeter to suck for a full two months last season, so he must be terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted