1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Norton

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Oct 23, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I stumbled across his standup gig on HBO tonight.

I was not familiar with him, but I guess he's an Opie and Anthony protege.

Funny? Yes.

Jaw-droppingly filthy? Yes again.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He got a lot of notoriety while a panelist on "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

3. He's been on last comic standing as well.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I first heard Norton as a guest on O&A when were on 102.7 FM in NY.
    He was going off on a rant and some woman from Brooklyn called in to tell him he was an asshole. They argued for a bit before he yelled, "Drink a glass of AIDS" and then he hung up on her.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

He's hilarious.
    He was once arguing with a caller from San Jose and dismissed him with "Shut up, you who I hope dies in a drunk-driving accident the day before a relative's wedding."

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He's got to be the dirtiest comic ever. But he's ridiculously funny. Some of his stuff was so funny that, even though it was completely wrong, you had to laugh.

7. Flying Headbutt

And he's the only good thing about O and A anymore.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The show's bad?

Shocking, go to satellite radio and curse up a storm and all of a sudden you're not edgy or funny. You're just another guy saying "fuck."

9. markvid

markvid Guest

I disagree there.
    Opie has turned into a bitter "I hate CBS, I hate XM" whiner, Anthony is kind of a "I just want to avoid talking about them" wimp, but all 3 make it work.

10. Flying Headbutt

I listened to a bit on the CBS show, but was pretty much bored. They were great back in the day. Now? Nothing. Ron and Fez are funnier. I don't even bother anymore. And they're getting dropped by stations all over the country.

11. zoucrew

zoucrew Member

O&A still have their moments, but are letting their bitterness take over at times. Still, when they're on, it makes for great listening.

That said, Ron and Fez are definitely funnier, and Ron might be the funniest/quickest guy on radio today.

As for lil' Jimmy Norton, I couldn't agree more with HH. Dirty, raunchy, filthy and wrong? Yes.

Hilarious? Absolutely. I've watched his HBO special 3-4 times already, and it kills me everytime.

12. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I met him one time after a gig in Atlanta and talked to him for about 10 minutes. seemed like a pretty nice dude. odd guy, but absolutely hysterical.

Draft saved Draft deleted