1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Nantz on Tiger Woods....Change? What Change?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Apr 13, 2010.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Jim-Nantz-criticizes-Tiger-Woods-vocal-tantrums?urn=golf,233852

It's pretty simple. Tiger went a whole weekend without a skank. He was in major withdrawal when he crapped his fourth round.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. For an annoucer to compare himself to an emotional athlete is just stupid. I wonder what Nantz would say about some of the language college basketball athletes use during the tournament.

Get over yourself and make another alimony payment. OK, that was out of line.

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Yeah, I wonder if some of Nantz's anger is fueled by guilt.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Nantz is upset because the cussing sullies the purity of the Masters. Fuck Nantz.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do we know that Palmer and Nicklaus didn't cuss after making three bogeys in four holes? The technology was much different then. You couldn't have heard them.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The Masters, fulmination unlike any other.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Still, can you imagine a routine where, following years of a woman a night after a tension filled round, you went without it? Seriously. Tiger is so regimented in terms of preparation and routine, and lord only knows this was HIS ROUTINE as we've heard so often the past four months, I do believe the absence of it was getting to him.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess Tiger doesn't own a computer?

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Why watch it when you're worth $300 million and can "buy and play" with it?

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You posted what so many people are thinking.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, but why for even a second would you think he was without "it" last week?

Or that it was ever part of his routine in the first place for that matter? What if he flew his ladies in for the early week pro-am nonsense, and sent them all home before the first round?

With no evidence, both sides of that argument are a stretch.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And then, there was the ball washer on hole 13 . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted