1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Mora Jr. to the white courtesy phone, please

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 1, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gone. Perhaps Vick really is a coach-killer?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716540

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ty Willingham better not open any suspicious packages in the mail in the coming weeks.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

What, Vick has something against Willingham?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is what Mora wanted all along. The last month of the season, he was acting like a guy who wanted to get canned...

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yeah, I'd say that's true.

I'd be running my mouth too, if the owners of my team didn't realize that the franchise player may not be all that great. The Falcons are a sinking ship as long as Vick is at the helm.

I'm not saying he's not an above average player, but his style is really starting to suffer as he gets older.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If the new coach wants to keep his job for any length of time, he may want to name Schaub as his starter. That is if he's still on the Falcons, since I believe he's a restricted free agent.

7. aspiring

aspiring Member

So who do you trade TO junior, a.k.a. Vick, too?

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Vick is hardly TO. There's no player in the NFL that is criticized or judged for his on-field performance as much as Michael Vick. Most of TOs baggage he brought upon himself.

I have to believe that there is some cocky offensive coordinator out there that can design an offense around Vick's strengths. It would also help if Atlanta had receivers that didn't drop the ball.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

That criticism he gets now probably seems unfair to him after having his ass kissed for years. Many of the same people who hyped Vick beyond belief (mostly national TV types) have now realized they hitched their wagon to the wrong horse. Both Vick and those members of the media are frauds.

10. aspiring

aspiring Member

I agree. The comment was made because of the way Vick is being treated in most of the "Major media."

Vick is one of the best QBs in the league. who wouldn't get an attitude under the ver conditions you mentioned.

Vick is a product of circumstance, TO is simply a problem. Thanks for helping me point that out.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

one of the best qbs in the league? like, what, top 20?

12. aspiring

aspiring Member

I'd say top 10, around 7 or so. On ht e basis of raw talent, that is. Sure, some QBs look better, but they have a MUCH better supporting cast around them

Draft saved Draft deleted