1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Litke: Did He Screw Up?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stone Cane, Sep 20, 2007.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Well Donovan did say this: "Because the percentage of us this playing position, which people didn't want us to play this position, is low."

I think you can infer from that statement that McNabb is saying someone out there wanted black QBs to fail so coaches would hesitate to give them another chance or turn to a different black QB down the road.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It isn't just Litke. McNabb's remarks have been ridiculously distorted by any number of people this week. (Get a load of the diatribe on Pro Football Talk, whose founder has become almost self-important enough to work for ESPN).
    If you read the whole transcript provided here, it's really difficult to make the case that McNabb said anything that hasn't been said a million times by African-American athletes. the surprise to me is that so many people are shocked. They must not have spent much time in locker rooms with African-American players.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

That's a hell of a leap, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted