1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Leavitt out at USF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

So Leach was brainwashed in to being an a-hole coach by Bob Stoops and the rest of the Snyder boys in the what, 6 months he probably spent in Norman? Yeah, I'm sure.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you are basing this on what exactly?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The fact that all three asshole coaches worked with Snyder and learned from him.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Edited to remove unnecessary snark.

The common connection in Bob Stoops at OU. Leach never worked for Snyder, and he actually only worked at OU for one season.

5. zagoshe

OK, try this -- all three are descendents of the Bill Snyder coaching tree?

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Leach is connected to Snyder via Stoops. But Leach was at OU so briefly -- one season -- that you can't even really say he's off the Stoops coaching tree. Leach was a very successful O-Coordinator before his time at OU, and obviously went right on with his success when he went to Tech after that one season.

The Leach-Stoops connection is tenuous enough. Leach-Snyder is a joke.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Leach-Mumme connection is a pretty indicative one, I'd say.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm going to go Spurrier-Stoops-Leach.

Hayden Fry might also be responsible for all of this.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about Tuberville, Tommy Bowden, etc. I heard of one name being floated in blogs: Lawrence Dawsey. He coached at USF for two years, and has connections in Tampa further back when he played with the Bucs. He's a great recruiter and apparently has been a stand-up guy since he was at FSU, and throughout his current time with them. Sounds like someone to come in and heal the divisions and maybe a young guy who can be there for years.

10. zagoshe

I wish I could keep this going but I was just guessing....

But let's go for one more -- because all three asshole coaches demand whipped butter?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That answer I will accept.

12. zagoshe

Do you think Tommy Tuberville and/or Tommy Bowden will ever actually get hired again, or will they be two guys whose names are always somehow thrown out there in job searches yet never actually get the job?

Draft saved Draft deleted