1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Leavitt out at USF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jan 8, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe this job may go to Tommy Bowden.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Perfect job for Mike Leach since there's already a pirate ship in the endzone

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

There are SOME perks to owning this place... not many, but some!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Nope. Mangino and Leach worked together at Oklahoma and hated each other. Leavitt and Mangino worked together at Kansas State.

All three are assholes. And all three got canned for it.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I realize that as a coach you get into heated situations, kids are out of control, don't do what they are told, talk back, whatever. But what kind of douche do you have to be to hit someone else? You just don't do that these days. Its not Bear Bryant and the Junction Boys.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Junction Boys ought to sue Bear's heirs for restitution -- and ESPN for making a lousy movie.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

A teacher at the middle school I went to slapped a kid and didn't get fired.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... like USF will hire an abusive coach after firing another one.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Back in 1998 after K-State lost to Texas A&M, costing it a spot in the national championship game, I heard some wild stories about things that were said and done in that locker room by coaches and players. Looking back now, the accusations don't seem as far fetched as they did at the time.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But, but, all that ass-kicking built up character and led to a championship!

(After going 1-8 that year because everyone was too worn out and beat up)

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Wonder if the skids for Snyder's permanent retirement are being greased?

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, right.

Anyone have any story whatsoever of Snyder doing anything remotely close to what got these guys fired?

Anyone? A story of Snyder abusing a player, not a story about how he's an insane work-a-holic or was weird about what kind of butter he wanted his team to use, or about how he was short with the media, played easy competition and didn't tell anyone who was injured.

Draft saved Draft deleted