1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Johnson, RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MartinEnigmatica, Jul 28, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think, in general, you might be right, but Johnson had melanoma, so his illness was probably unrelated to the coaching lifestyle. Would be interesting to know how many hours he spent in the sun, though.

Either way, as you said, RIP.

Mizzou, did Johnson ever come close to landing a head job?

2. Roob

Roob New Member

One of the best people I've dealt with in 20 years on eagles beat. A hall of fame guy, funny as hell, and just amazing with the beat guys.

A lot of very, very sad writers up here at Lehigh.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It was Reid's first year, and Johnson's, too, in Philly. The D wasn't awful (I believe they led the NFL in turnovers that year), but gave up some big plays and got beat up pretty good by Indy one game at home. They weren't helped by an offense led by Doug Pederson for the first half of the season or so.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My point as well. That Eagles team was awful in Reid's and Johnson's first year. After that, though, that defense was a consistent nightmare, even when the Eagles as a whole drank a jug of mediocrity.

Draft saved Draft deleted