1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Gray one-on-one with Barry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Locked, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

After the Pete Rose incident in 1999, Gray did a complete turnaround.

He was one of the hardest-hitting sports TV journalists around, but everybody hated him. Now, most of what he does if fluff, granted, fluff with great access to Kobe, Barry, etc... but his career is thriving.

I think that says more about sports journalism in this day and age than it does about Gray.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The fact that he has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame means he doesn't want people spitting on it. What a joke.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

You're right, but my biggest problem is that he's just not a likeable guy. He seemed verrrry uncomfortable last night, and it was just a softball, banter with the athletes type of exchanges. Any time he even remotely had to interact with the interviewee he was so awkward it was painful to watch. My favorite part was him interviewing, dead seriously, Wayne Newton about how his team performed in the first half. And then Reggie Bush giving him the same bs cliche answers about his play, like it was the NFC title game and not the f-in celebrity basketball game. "I'm just trying to stay focused out there, and play my game." You're being guarded by freakin Bow Wow Reggie, can't have a little more fun with it?

4. ned racine

ned racine Member

first of all the tool has a star on the walk of fame for one reaon...he paid for it..or his daddy did.......and i would be scared of Chad Curtis too....not to sterotype but i will...that guy looks and acted like he could president of the Michigan Malitia and/or klan

5. bigugly

bigugly Member

I hate this guy. I actually called him out at a basketball game last year and told him I thought he was an over hyped POS. He is a tool and in my opinion makes our profession look bad.

6. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Barry wouldn't have let him breathe his air IF he came with Tough Questions. Give the man a break. This was a feel good event.

must you people looks for BLOOD 24/7.

Draft saved Draft deleted