1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Gray one-on-one with Barry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Locked, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Locked

Locked New Member

Jim Gray had the opportunity to interview Barry Bonds at the celebrity basketball game on Friday and failed to ask one question that anyone would care about.

Gray, who prides himself on asking the tough question, looked like a scared HS journalist in training.

2. Jim Gray gives another on-air blowjob to an embattled athlete, and this surprises you?

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah I tuned into the celebrity all-star game to see hard hitting interviews.

I actually saw the first half, that was just surreal television. Between Stu Scott conducting ridiculous interviews with Amare and Dwight Howard acting out a scene from A Few Good Men, in which neither could remember a three word line and Reggie Bush and LDT looking no more athletic on a basketball court than Chris Tucker and Carrot Top. WNBA "all-stars" struggling to score against Bow Wow and David Arquette. Then there was Michael Clark Duncan taking things a bit too serious. Pretty good tv if you ask me haha.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Actually, I'm on board with Locked on this. I expected Gray to do something more than he did with Bonds. It was absolute fluff.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Do you really think Bonds would agree to appear on camera if it was going to be anything more than fluff? This is a celebrity all-star game that no one (except for apparently 3 of us) watched, why break out the heavy artillery? They also did one with Ty Thomas. There was no mention of the slam dunk comments, again not a real surprise.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

cowards.

7. What? He didn't demand that Bonds apologize? ???

8. You know, Jim Gray is the worst TV reporter I've ever seen ... and that's saying a lot. He goes limp on athletes he likes (this isn't the first time bent over for Barry) and then hammers people who see him for the piece of salted shit he is. Fucking hypocrite.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

He knew Barry would kick his ass. Ha ha. What a weasel.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, that's it exactly. Brilliant.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't buy that. Jim Gray just pussed out because he likes Barry.
    Though, apparently he likes Chad Curtis too. Though actually, I bet Chad Curtis could whip some serious ass if it came down to it. Bonds would just yell and push people, whereas Curtis would do his throw-to-home-flop and ninja kick someone in the head with cleats on.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ratfuck Gray had to look up to Barry Bonds... He was the same size as Pete Rose, so there will be no demanding, sir...

Draft saved Draft deleted