1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Gray: Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

I don't understand why everything thread about some big-time reporter becomes a bitch session on why everyone hates him. Why does it matter? The mark of a good reporter isn't how many people like him. It's how many stories he breaks and how accurate he is.
    Obviously, Gray botched this one, but he certainly is one of the few respected TV reporters around, I think.
    Reporters who have great access, great contacts, and generally kick everyones ass usually aren't loved, right?

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Moland - My point is that Jim Gray trying to avoid talking about it - pledging that he just wanted to move on, yada, yada, yada, is a stance that a reporter should never, ever, ever take. Considering what we do, you screw up, you sit there and you answer every goddamn question about it, particularly if you're a guy who made his name badgering someone on national television.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yay! another jim gray sucks thread! /sarcasm

pringle, you're right. far too many reporters and editors plead the fifth (figuratively) when media reporters expose them. it's bush league, immature and pathetic. but it doesn't seem like it'll ever change.

4. awriter

awriter Active Member

I know some people sound a little different on the phone, but wouldn't he have recognized Iverson's voice? Or did the guy on the other end do that good a job impersonating AI?

5. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Pringle: That, I agree with. If I were him, I'd take every interview request.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Jim Gray just ass-kissed Jay Z during the Nets-Cavs game on ESPN.

7. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

I remember shortly after the 1996 Olympic park bombings in Atlanta it was Gray who asked some law enforcement official if another bomb was going to go off. Huh?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did he ask Allen if Pete Rose bet on baseball?

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

YOU F@#$ him.
    I would NOT F@#$ him.
    Not my type.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why wouldn't you. It's obvious he swallows and takes it in the ass.. wait. It's Bill, not Boots... my bad.

11. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Good one Slapster ... it would appear to be true for both Jim Gray and Boots.

12. turkoglu

turkoglu New Member

But apparently got completely ignored by Beyonce, despite asking her questions, if this report is to be believed:

http://www.the411online.com/news/12210601.html

"Shrugging off an opportunity for free publicity for her new movie, Beyonce looked the other direction as Jim Gray tried and failed to interview her..."

Draft saved Draft deleted