1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Dolan and His Dopey Rock Band

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With all the bad that has been happening in the sports world
    Jim Dolan comes along with his band to make us laugh ...... at him.

http://deadspin.com/james-dolan-and-his-dopey-band-went-on-tv-and-things-go-1635353217?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 8m

But as the story points out, Jim Dolan belongs to a garage band that overcame huge odds to open up for the Eagles at MSG. Inspiring story

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 7m

"Hey Mister, how do I get to Madison Square Garden." "Inherit billions and buy the place kid."

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He's a better musician than basketball executive.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

Dolan: "Start Rooting For The Nets Because The Knicks Don't Want You"

4. Boom_70

Wonder if Newsday will cover this story

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Are we sure that Dolan has really been sober for 21 years? That was a very strange email.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Can anyone imagine Steinbrenner telling an unhappy fan to go root for the Mets?

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Maybe the League should consider exercising some sort of Donald Sterling type nuclear option on Dolan. The dude's been an embarrassment since the day his daddy gave him control over the Knicks in 99 and has made an utter laughingstock of the league's largest market and oldest franchise.

I think Knicks fans en masse should do as Dolan instructed and switch to the Nets until this boob is gone.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That letter made Donald Sterling cringe.

9. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Knick fans are getting exactly what they deserve. The team is awful, yet every game is sold out, no fan demonstrations, barely any chants against Dolan. As long as people keep filling Dolan's coffers he has no incentive to get it together.

10. Boom_70

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But sorry Mr. Commissioner, Dolan is not the consummate New Yorker. He’s the only billionaire I know with the temerity to have his garage band open for the Eagles.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The "Fire John Idkik" guys have a new target.

Home

They are trying to raise the money to buy a billboard across the street from the Garden.

Draft saved Draft deleted