1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Crane: Kiss my Astros goodbye?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 23, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ya know, I never really noticed that till now.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Colt 45s standout Bob Aspromonte spends some time with a very young BYH.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Mom, I'm telling you, these glasses are going to come back to haunt me someday."
    "Oh no they're not. Take the picture with the nice baseball person."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Stupid. I like the moves Crane has made so far and I like the direction, but he better think twice about this.

Change the uniforms. Change the logo. Change the playing field. But leave the name. It's a part of the fabric of Houston sports. Just like he's taken in consideration of the fans of the changes so far, he needs to do so this time around too.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A random uniform rant: I love the pinstripe look, in general, but way too many teams have gone to it in recent years. (Like the teal phase.) When the Phillies went that route in the '90s with their retro home jerseys, it was different. Now when half the league has pinstripes ...

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It makes a fella proud, to be a Bastard?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My favorite Astros logo:

[​IMG]

And did someone really suggest Aeros as an alternative to Astros? What's the fucking difference? That would be like changing Royals to Kings.

8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

From Leno: "In an effort to increase fan interest, the owner of the Houston Astros baseball team is considering changing the name of the team. They'll now be called the New York Yankees."

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Phillies have worn pinstripes for at least the last 30 years.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

1980 World Series:

[​IMG]

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Houston's new alternate hat.

[​IMG]

12. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

What's wrong with Astros? It's one of the more clever names out there, and it's location-appropriate in two ways -- not just because the space program is headquartered in Houston, but also because "astro" means "star," which is fitting for a team in the Lone Star State. Crane changing the name after forcing the team to switch leagues would literally be adding insult to injury.

Draft saved Draft deleted