1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Crane: Kiss my Astros goodbye?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

THey didn't have any success whatsoever as the Colt .45s. The most wins they ever had as the Colts was 66. Where did you get that idea?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Astros seem to be one of those teams that changes uniforms every two years or so. I'm exaggerating a bit obviously but it seems like they never stick with one uni for long. Brewers were that way for a while. Diamondbacks are now. OH BOY NOW WE HAVE MORE RED IN OUR UNIFORM! That's great.

A name change would just be awful. Astros is associated with Houston. They haven't been great for 50 years but until last year they weren't truly awful either. Stick with the brand, butthead billionaire.

3. Bubbler

The Brewers changed uniforms a few times in the 90s, but they only added a color once ... those dreadful 1994-97 unis where they wedged green into the mix.

[​IMG]

I liked the last version of the glove logo unis they had in the early 90s with the script Brewers on the home jerseys.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

You'll probably hate me for this but I loved those mid-90s hats. Not as much as the original MB glove logo, but close.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

D'backs have only changed uniforms once in 14 years, but it was good rant while it lasted. ;)

6. Bubbler

Oh and they're the fucking Astros. Do not change the name. They have had a lot of colors over the years though.

From blue being dominant ...

[​IMG]

(JON, I DON'T BELIEVE IN WINS AGAINST REPLACEMENT!)

To a sort of coolish orange in the early 70s ...

[​IMG]

To, of course, their rainbow duds ...

[​IMG]

(Here's a shot in the original version of the rainbows, with the butt-ugly circular number on the back)

Then they had that era in the late 80s when they rarely wore the rainbows (and eventually dropped them) and had that oddball can't-tell-if-they're-wearing-home-or-away-uniform blandness ...

[​IMG]

Then they completely went off-board and went blue and gold, uniforms I really hated, because even though they're somewhat sharp, I hate it when teams change colors ...

[​IMG]

Which morphed into today's uniform, which has actually been around for over a decade now ...

[​IMG]

There's your history of Houston Astros uniforms. I'll be doing the Houston Oilers and Rockets presently.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Bubbler

I hate the fuck out of you for that. :D

It didn't help that those uniforms came after the glove logo unis were disposed, an unpopular decision then as much as now.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Joe Morgan AND Randy Johnson in a visual history of the Astros' uniforms? Well done.

9. Bubbler

Fuck that. I want points for Enos Cabell and Bill Doran! :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I went fishing in Cabo and a Mexican kid cleaning the fish offered me about 200 pesos for that old mid-'90s Astros cap. I just gave him the grubby thing.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I admit, the penis logo is quite unbecoming.

Draft saved Draft deleted