1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Bowden going down?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Feb 22, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Burn is the worst name I can imagine for a nightclub, on several different levels.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Prison must need someone to gut the pitching staff and overpay fourth outfielders.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I hear they have good relief pitchers in the California Penal League.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

As an avid fan of the Nats, I would not be sorry to see Jim Bowden run out of town, especially with the stench of this operation so fresh.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

His nickname of "Leatherpants" makes more sense ...

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Doesn't he have a DWI hanging over his head?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not sure of a DWI. I know he had a bit of a domestic issue a couple of years back.
    These stories SHOULD all say "former Washington Nationals GM ***" because he SHOULD have been out of a job before now.

8. cortez

cortez Member

And he can take the whole Cincy Reds pipeline with him. Enough already. Jose Rijo is his responsibilty. Shoudn't the purpose of paying Rijo be to avoid just this kind of embarrassment?

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I will be pissed if Bowden hangs on to his job and Rijo becomes the scapegoat. The Lerners, as gullible as they are, loves Bowden. Unless, he has some incriminating photos of all of them in his backpocket.

This bum has been trouble forever.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Not according to this:
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/02/nats_encouraging_investigation.html?wprss=nationalsjournal

I do question whether that's their position, though. Seems it would be easy, once you know, you buy a team, to get rid of people, you know, you don't want.

11. The Nats introduce their new GM - Fenian Bastard

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. They can't afford me.
    Or my wine tab.

Draft saved Draft deleted