1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish player sues Anaheim Ducks, saying he was mistreated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Jan 26, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It sounds like the team earned the black eye, regardless of whether Bailey sucked as a player or not.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Your daughter is very smart and clearly being raised the right way.

This is all more evidence of - and I quote Eddie Rendell -- the fact that we are becoming a nation of wusses.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If fans (home or away) shout inappropriate things, can he sue his team (or the opposing team) because said team "did not prevent a hostile workplace"?

4. outofplace

I doubt it, but that is not the same thing as having it happen in the locker room.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Rob Lowe thinks this is bullshit.

6. outofplace

You don't know what was said, which makes this kind of foolish. There is a line in there somewhere between teasing a teammate and bigotry and it really isn't clear from what I've seen if that line was crossed or not.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I do know this - dude needs to get over it.

This ain't any different than the brothers on a team ripping on the white dudes for dressing like nerds and lacking rhythm on the dance floor.

8. outofplace

What if it was the equivalent of the white guys making racist remarks? Sorry, but there is still a line whether you like it or not.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

People need to get over bigoted and racist remarks. It's such a pain in the ass to have to quit making them.

When I was in junior high 40 years ago kids told ni##er jokes all the time and we all had a big ole laugh out of it, so sad to think kids nowadays will be denied those simple pleasures.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Zags is in mid-season form.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why "get over it" when you can instead sue and cash in on a fat settlement?

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How much of the brown acid did you take?

Draft saved Draft deleted