1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets PR

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trounced, Jul 28, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If Pennington is replace at any point this season, Patrick Ramsey gets the call. The only way Clemens plays is if Pennington, Ramsey, Bollinger, Vinny, Ken O'Brien, Namath, yours truly and Anthony from Ozone Park all go down with injuries.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bills, Raiders, Lions and Texans all have more offensive talent than the Jets do. Those games should be losses. The season opener in Tennessee should be a win.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

On neutral fields, I would agree with you.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Have you been to Giants Stadium for Jets' games? Those fans know something bad will happen to the Jets. It's akin to being a Cubs fan or a Cleveland fan or a Boston Red Sox fan before 2004. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe something bad is going to happen, it will.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I guess if ARod were playing for the Jets... I might see your point.

I've been there many times and I've thought the Jets play prettty competitively there....

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

They were pretty uncompetitive at the Meadowlands (and other venues) last season.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Totally disagree (about your take on their play at the Meadowlands last year).

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well shit. You're right about the Jets play at the 'Lands. They finished with a 4-4 record at the Giants' home. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedule?team=nyj&year=2005

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Don't mind the "editorializing." Newspapers need more of this, not less, to separate themselves.

It was a tad whiny -- but readers should have been told why their No. 1 draft pick had nothing to say on the first day of camp.

I didn't have much of a problem with this.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What about Richard Todd, Matt Robinson and Pat Ryan?

Just my kid impression from afar, but was Richard Todd hated from Day 1 in his Jets days? He actually QB'd some good teams in 81-82.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I think he earned some grudging respect from Jets fans. I don't think Ken O'Brien ever did.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

not so. kenny was terrific in '85 and most of '86, when jets started 10-1. fans adored him at that juncture. it was all downfill thereafter, though. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted