1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets halftime show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Plus most Pittsburgh women look like guys anyway...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, if you've been to Pittsburgh, you were hanging in the wrong part of town.

Cue the picture of that 400-plus pound girl. I'm sure somebody's going to post it. Truly frightening sight.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Gotta love the juxtaposition of the cutline and the slideshow reefer on the NYT webpage:

In what has become a ritual at Jets home games, men at a Gate D pedestrian ramp chant to women to expose their breasts.
    More Photos >

Most clicked-on Jets slideshow ever!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm going to go pop some popcorn. This should be good.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

No one should be surprised the Jets, who fashion themselves as Patriots South, tried that.

Of course, people would take you seriously if your GM and coach hadn't just gotten out of Romper Room and had, you know, won something. Or if your owner had done more to earn his fortune than swim upstream in mommy.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Security at Giants Stadium is run by the NJSEA, not the Jets.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ummm oh yeah. Well, given the Jets' ham-handed nature, I bet security is more difficult to deal with at a Jets game than a Giants game.

8. For anyone who has ever gone to a pro football game, is this news? Seriously.

The Gate D activities sound stupid, alcohol-propelled and disgusting, but I can't say I was surprised. People drink at NFL games and get into fights and watch girls flash their tits! Film at 11.

I'd think that if it was any other paper except the stately NYT writing about it (in kind of a prurient way), this wouldn't be such a big deal. They'll just go somewhere else if Gate D is policed.

The one part I did think was pathetic was how the security guards detained the reporter and confiscated his tape recorder, as if he was doing something wrong and they had a legal leg to stand on.

As anyone who's been to the Meadowlands knows, the security guards and parking attendants are ignorant, power-hungry thugs.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The only NFL I've seen in person are Cowboys and Saints games. Unless things have changed drastically in the years since I've been to an NFL game, no way this could happen in Dallas or N.O. A little drunkenness and stupidity, sure, but not this kind of Lord of the Flies shit.

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That's some disturbing, no-class shit. NFL games aren't really places to take children, but that takes the cake.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yep, 'cause nothing like that could happen in new orleans...

12. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I've never seen stuff like that happen at Saints games, and I've been to a few. People get drunk and they curse a lot, but nothing like this. They're pretty strict in the Superdome...I was at the Rams game last weekend and they were tossing people out for smoking in the stadium. The "show-your-tits" chanting is saved for the touristy areas of Bourbon Street.

Draft saved Draft deleted