1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets halftime show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Nov 20, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

*googling Denisse Rivera*[/thenation]

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But good enough last Sunday to beat the Steelers.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Thank God for the non-traditional spelling!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Further proof that if the terrorists haven't won, they will shortly.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Absolutely disgraceful. The societal lowest common denominator.

6. Just plain trashy but sadly that's what you can expect at Jets games (and of course my Eagles as well)...as much as i love live sports, you cannot get me to a football game anymore--just not worth dealing with all the drunks and the potential risk of volience in the stands and parking lot. If the NFL cared, they'd do something about the booze issue but they're too in bed with the major compaines to risk pissing them off....

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I used to be a little embarassed that my hometown Cowboys have such uninspired, sedate fans compared to the rowdies on the East Coast, but these days, I'm glad about that. No fucking way something like that happens in Dallas.

I'm not offended by tits in public, but the seething-below-the surface violence lurking in those images is disturbing as fuck. Public tits at a hippie festival? Bring 'em on. Public tits with a bunch of drunk NFL fans? Stupid and dangerous.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Is it any surprise that the security sits around and does nothing? These are people that bully up on a crowd when it is small and then sit around and do nothing when shit like this goes on.

This is all very very sad.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

sorry for the minor threadjack, but I find that almost all the long-time posters have their own pet issues. Pastor's has been the "security" at Giants Stadium - he's complained about it for years. This thread is like an 80 mph fastball right over the heart of the plate.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this article spurs a little discussion in the NFL offices. And perhaps a few phone calls to the Jets ownership.

Might not find security to be so disinterested at future Jets games....

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I wouldn't this particular topic a pet issue. I did mention it previously in relation to several acquaintances that were roughed up, and another that was tossed for using his camera phone to take video of the harassment. It came up, I believe, twice.

From my experience, I found it of little surprise to read the following:

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. So far, what I see in that story is a tremendous job of passing the buck by anybody who could possibly do anything about it.

Funny thing is, as bad as the crowds at a Steelers game can get (I have always hated dealing with the crowd outside on game days there), I can't imagine something like this happening in Heinz Field. Maybe it's because most of the women are actually there for the game. We had a thread about this a while back, but you would be amazed by the interest level in the Steelers among women in Pittsburgh.

Draft saved Draft deleted