1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets fan arrested for cheering at Chargers game (UPDATE with Colts' game bust)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Re: Jets fan arrested for cheering at Chargers game

It doesn't matter that he didn't do anything. He's going to be charged with resisting arrest. Sort of sucks. It was nice the Chargers fans stuck up for him.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If so, then why do you suppose the Charger fans around him were defending him and repeatedly telling the cops that "he didn't do anything"?

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Man, that one Charger fan was awesome "Thanks for wasting my tax dollars! He didn't do a fucking thing!"

If that guy really was doing nothing than cheering for the Jets in an obnoxious way, those cops should be fired.

4. Re: Jets fan arrested for cheering at Chargers game

The cop "who wanted to talk outside" should--and will--get it the worst.

Look at the couple behind the man who stopped the wife to exchange #'s. They're dressed in Charger blue and look like the All-American suburban couple. That's all I need to see to know that this guy was railroaded.

5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Yea, gotta love when cops arrest a second guy for questioning the shitty job they just did.

6. Re: Jets fan arrested for cheering at Chargers game

How was the guy resisting? The cops bent him over double to put cuffs on him. I counted four with hands on him. Must have been one big-time badass.

And did anyone else think he bore more than passing resemblance to Joe Namath?

And this has me really worried. I'm supposed to attend an NBA game this weekend with family who root for the visiting team. Should I bring bail money?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

This post alone reminded me that I don't have any interest in covering high school basketball anymore.

"Three seconds! Three seconds!"

Parents are annoying as hell.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wow, that was bad. Those cops come off looking like Rambo-style bullies abusing their power.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

How would Coach K be able to do his job?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't see it? Maybe they were part of the same group? It could have been many reasons. But it is interesting how quick so many people are to jump on the police officers when there is clearly part of the story missing on the video.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ben, have to agree about your Coach K post. lol

12. mb

mb Active Member

I *know* a Tarheel isn't taking a shot at Duke's coach on a thread about opposing fans being thrown out of a game. I just know that isn't happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted