1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets / Colts or AC Milan / Inter Milan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2010.

?

What will you be watching Sunday

1. Jets / Colts

53.6%
  2. AC Milan / Inter Milan

35.7%
  3. Non of the above.

10.7%
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My avatar might be some indicator of how I voted.

Sneijder has the flu, which may not bode well for Inter.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Jets - Colts is a conference championship game, Milan - Inter is a regular season game at the halfway point. Soccer vs. NFL issues aside, there is no comparison in each games importance.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You're kidding, right? Inter vs. Milan is an inter-city rivalry, which if Inter wins could seal the championship. They'd be nine points clear, and while Milan would have a game in hand, there's no way Inter is going to slip up enough times to let them back in if they don't get at least a draw.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Your concern is touching.

6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

No, I'm not kidding at all. No matter who loses in Milan, they play another game. The football game is an elimination game, very similar to a Champions League semifinal. No comparison.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Which one do you choose if you're planning on running PiP so you can see both at once?

8. Sorry, but league soccer is like college football -- every regular season game is a playoff because there are no playoffs!

With so many stops and starts in American football, I'd keep the futbol on the big screen. You can switch to the gringo version when they get in the red zone.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm going 2 50' flat screens side by side. Soccer no sound and football sound.

10. Wow. Two 50-foot flat screens? Sweet.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We're also hiring a beer vendor for the day.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I like soccer, but please.

Any red-blooded Amurcun who'd rather watch a regular-season Italian soccer match over a conference championship football game should be forced to turn in their American Man Card.

Draft saved Draft deleted