1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jethro Tull

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Buck, you have to look at who I've lost over the last month. Again, that was then, this is now.

I'm trying to add batters, we'll see how that works out. The Dirty Hippies will fight to the end, no quarter asked, none given.

So I went deep into the night last night with one of the new/old turntables. Going to do the same tonight. Hooked up the new/old speakers and heard details on Court and Spark I never picked up clearly before. I now know exactly what Cheech and Chong are saying.

I've decided I need a tube amp. I can do the cosmetic work, have a guy who can rework the guts. I can use a multimeter, but detail soldering is not a place for me to be. Something like this is what I'm thinking:

[​IMG]

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Me too ... at least I hope it works better than his biofuel tour bus.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You're trying to usurp my role as underdog in an attempt to inspire and motivate your team and to attract public support.

You're efforts are transparent.

4. Machine Head

Public support? Holy crap Buck, most of the board would like me to go away. I don't think they want me to win jack, because that means I'll keep posting for another week.

I'm just being objective about the match between us in my posts.

I was at a record store today. Didn't find any Tull, but did buy the 180 gm reissue of ZZ Top Rio Grand Mud, and this:

[​IMG]

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fantasy baseball gamesmanship aside:

Did it have th rolling paper?

We actually rolled a smoke with that damn rolling paper from the album when we were kids. It was real dirt weed, complete lumbo, but we were so young we didn't know what good weed was.
    And it was cheap, so we rolled a giant, stupid joint.

6. Machine Head

Didn't have it.

Dirt weed passed through my youth as well. Tool of the trade was a rizzla rolling machine.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also,

Ramirez is only going to play three or four times during the rest of the season.
    And Posey's 2-for-29 with his broken finger.

I've got my own lineup problems.

8. Machine Head

Been doing manual labor most of the day.

There are coolers made for growlers. I use one, keep it in the garage.

I'm deep into my growler cups.

I've moved inside now, listening to Green Grass and High Tides.

Buck, we ride..

9. Machine Head

Have the Canuck show Love It Or List It on the tube on mute while ZZ Top is blasting Just Got Paid..

10. Machine Head

I'll be in freaking Wisconsin for most all of the day tomorrow.

How's that work?

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

When did lumbo become a derogatory? As a teen in the 1970s, it was illiterate for Colombian, which was about as good as you could get, as in primo lumbo. I see on a Google search that Buck is applying the term correctly in the current usage, but when did Colombia become a second-rate provider of herbal products? Sorry, been away for nearly a quarter-century. Recently a glass office considerably older than I am had to explain to me what a "deck" of heroin is.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Weed grown outdoors is generally looked down upon these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted