1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeter's run to 3,000 hits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: Jeter 3000

Yanks don't need to sign a shortstop. They have Eduardo Nunez, who they are high on, and who helped sparked the team when Jeter was on the DL. What they do need, is to have Nunez work on his defense.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I bet the Yankees would be super excited to have a guy with a .650 OPS as their DH.

3. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

[msg3096170#msg3096170 date=1310236561]if Julia Franco can play until 49 who knows what the Captain has in store?[/quote]

I'd just about give my left nut to see Jeter pushing his walker out to short at age 49.
    [/quote]

If he wanted to I think he could do it. The Yankees need to sign a shortstop this offseason to take the pressure off Jeter. Let him become a fulltime DH...there's a lot of life left in that bat but playing a demanding position takes its toll as he approaches 40.
    [/quote]

Yanks don't need to sign a shortstop. They have Eduardo Nunez, who they are high on, and who helped sparked the team when Jeter was on the DL. What they do need, is to have Nunez work on his defense.
    [/quote]
    =topic=84824.msg3096178#msg3096178 date=1310237488]
    I'd just about give my left nut to see Jeter pushing his walker out to short at age 49.
    [/quote]

If he wanted to I think he could do it. The Yankees need to sign a shortstop this offseason to take the pressure off Jeter. Let him become a fulltime DH...there's a lot of life left in that bat but playing a demanding position takes its toll as he approaches 40.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Núñez is a nice player but not up to the task of filling the captain's shoes. The Yankees need to prey Tulo away from the Rockies after this season. So let it be written..

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I prey that does not happen.

5. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

He can't DH with those numbers, but I think he has another rebound in him. It's just an idea, his range at shortstop has diminished greatly but they owe it to him to find a spot for him in the everyday lineup.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jeter would be the worst DH in the league going forward. Ridiculous.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They owe him shit, wow, I think we might have found the biggest Jeter fanboi.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Arod then Ichiro

9. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I've acknowledged his defensive weaknesses. But if you let Jetes focus full time on his hitting I think a 25 homer season is probable. And that will beat what most teams are putting up at DH.

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

He's a year older than Jeter and has a long ways to go. I wouldn't bet on him, tho I hope he does it

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Kermanky MacJimy!

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jetes? Captain?

Draft saved Draft deleted