1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeter is now running with Jessica Biel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Johnny Damon ahead of him, that's for sure. Who set the stage for Jeter's career year?

Joe Mauer, for winning the batting title while catching. Or Justin Morneau, who had a monster season.

David Ortiz would have had a real case, DH and all, if the Sox made the playoffs.

Not usually a fan of starting pitchers winning the award, but was any person more valuable to his team than Johan Santana?

Jeter's in the top 5, barely, and that's only because the Sox fell apart, meaning I'd grudgingly vote for Jeter ahead of Ortiz.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Damon was good, but not nearly as good as Jeter. He had a great spell when everyone started talking MVP, then got hurt, missed some time & didn't play as well at the end. Ortiz did nothing after the heart issue, which is a lot of time & when they were plummeting out of contention. Morneau would have been the choice right after Ortiz dropped out, but was bad down the stretch & his final numbers weren't that good. I can hear a case for Dye, close, but the Sox fell pretty short. Thomas was as valuable, but not as good. Mauer is about identical to Jeter but played less & doesn't run as well, and wasn''t as consistent. If Jeter was an OF, I'd give it to Mauer, but the difference between SS & C is negligible.

Disclaimer: All of the above is from memory, which stinks. I am sure someone will post numbers to prove what I wrote wrong. I will not be surprised.

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

byh

no disrespect intended. but you're an idiot. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shockey, don't you join spnited on my bad side!!! :D :D :D

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You have a good side?

DICKHEAD!

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'd be honored to be in the company of my friend, spnited.

no disrespect intended.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

What does this the legitimate discussion of Jeter's MVP credentials have to do with Jessica Biel? Let's the keep the focus where it really belongs. And thank you XXXX for that poster of her. It was glorious and a wonderful slow reveal.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Of the three sexiest women alive, according to Esquire, she's my favorite.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Who's the other one of the three besides Scarlett Johannson?

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Angelina Jolie, who was my favorite until she gave up eating.

12. XXXX

XXXX Member

hey your welcome clever.
    to be honest, i would not care about winning the mvp if i was nailing jessica biel.
    jeter = most valuable playa

Draft saved Draft deleted