1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeter baseball card w/ Mick and W

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 2, 2007.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I often wonder if the people in the future will be confused by these sorts of things because once we stop global warming (by blowing our planet apart) we will not have any modern records or data just palm leaves.

2. I often wonder how many milligrams it takes before your brains start publicly running out ogf your ears.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Funny. Topps had an "Oops" around this time last year, too.

Remember the Alex Gordon card and all the play it and its cut-out card replacement got last spring? The WWL had a feature on it on its homepage.

And, yes, at age 29 I fell for it and fell back into card collecting because of it. I hadn't bought a card in about 15 years.

Last year, I believed it truly was an error. Now, I think it and this year's Jeter card are both marketing ploys.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly. Funny how almost every year there's one of these "mistakes" by one or more of the trading card manufacturers right around the release of their products. Mistake cards are rarely a mistake.

Draft saved Draft deleted