1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jet Fans PSL Revolt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting story in the Post this a.m. about the possibility of Jet season ticket holders withholding payment and defaulting on their PSL's.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZ

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I got a link not found:

This worked:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZN

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.

I won't go all Mushnick or anything, but he really is just coming to this conclusion now, that paying $9,000 over 15 years just for the right to buy season tickets, is not a good deal?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Jets fans are dumb ... Cowboys fans, such as your humble correspondent, are smart. I got a way the hell better deal on my nosebleed PSL in the Jerrydome. [/endofalmostattearsselfdeprecation]

5. Boom_70

What was your deal ? How much was PSL per seat? Nosebleed seats for The Jets do not require PSL.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

A PSL for $30,000? Who in their right mind thinks this is a good value?

7. Boom_70

But it allows you to go to Rex post game press conference.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

It is not news that Jets fans are revolting.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That guy's an idiot (a) for buying high on it in the first place (b) trying to sell low.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Club level PSLs at JerryWorld are as much as $50K.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In the old stadium my seats were in an upper corner ... if you looked straight out from your seat your sight line would be roughly parallel with the back line of the end zone. I'm in roughly the same place in the new stadium, but way the hell higher up. My PSL was $2000 per seat. One or two sections over required no PSL, but I fell victim to the hard sell. Not a big deal, though, as the annual payment's only around $250, which I more than cover with judicious selling of tickets.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But the Jets are Job Creators!!

You would think that morons who read Murdoch propaganda fountains would be HAPPY to contribute to their economic success!! Putting money in the hands of people who deserve it!!

Draft saved Draft deleted