1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jet Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 22, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I had the worst experience I have ever had with an airline on Airtran once. Flight back from Indianapolis and they lost my luggage. After a few days they found the luggage, but held it hostage for two weeks. For the life of me, I can't figure out what their problem was, but the thing that made my blood boil was this one guy I spoke to every day for a week about what was going on started to cop an attitude. I was really frustrated--but didn't yell or get abusive or anything. I am exceedingly polite--just vented my frustration in a "Why can't you get your act together?" sort of way. After about a week and a half of being told they had the luggage but couldn't return it to me (made no sense), I was befuddled, and the guy got snippy and lectured me about how he was doing me a favor by trying to help me and I wasn't being appreciative enough.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

They better fly out of Salt Lake. The company is owned by them crazy Mormons.
    Actually a public company, but the CEO and founder is Mormon and I went to college with his kid (who quit the football team when he was accepted to med school)

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Love Jet Blue, no airline is a close second. If they fly to where you're going make them your first choice. I believe the frequent flier points are higher if you book directly on their website.

Once you fly cross country with TV, you'll never fly without it.

4. Jet Blue is a great airline. The other two I really like are Midwest and Frontier. Frontier is like Jet Blue in that is has satellite television.

Midwest has great customer service and big, wide leather seats on its "Signature Service" planes.

5. AirTran has lost my luggage every time I have flown them. And we are talking at least seven or eight times in the last few years. They are unbelievable.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The TVs didn't work on a flight that I took during the NFL playoffs (not a game I cared about).  They gave everyone a $100 voucher.  My flight cost $49.

I also like that they tell you the exact legroom of each row on the website.

7. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

AirTran is dismal.

I'm going on my first JetBlue flight at the end of next month, when they start service in my neck of the woods. Thanks to Moddy, I'm fired up!

8. AirTran, without a doubt, is the most uncomfortable airline I've ever flow on. The seat have no padding to speak of.

Unfortunately, I've never lived in a place where I could fly JetBlue, and it's not like I've lived in the sticks.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Jet Blue... Unfortunately, I only get to fly it a few times a year...

10. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Wow, Jet Blue is nowhere near me.
    When I fly AirTran, I always, always go with a carry on. Never lost my luggage there, but they have the worst check-in area in Atlanta. It's abominable!

11. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

Only problem with Jet Blue is its limited resources. If weather causes on flight to be delayed, you're screwed because the company doesn't have the fleet to compensate. During the huge East Coast storm this past winter, I was stuck out West for two extra nights because my flight was cancelled and they were backed up several days. And they didn't give any vouchers because it was weather related. I missed a big game for the team I cover, so that was brutal. Also missed Valentine's Day, so my gf was pissed.

But that's the only bad thing I have to say about Jet Blue. I take it about five times a year and have loved it each other time.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I had no idea that, say, reading a book was such torture.

Draft saved Draft deleted