1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus picture taken down - ACLU discovers the key to success

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/apnewsbreak-ohio-school-district-says-jesus-portrait-taken-down-because-of-federal-lawsuit/2013/04/03/121453bc-9c62-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

With the current administration's handling of the economy, budgets are tight in schools, so they won't dare fuck with taxpayer money to battle these suits. The ACLU can do whatever it wants now....with the efficiency of Hitler's troops marching through Europe 1939-42.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is that the sound I just heard outside my door? I thought it was a cattle stampede, but I was wondering why cattle smelled so much like patchouli oil.

3. Norman is getting busy in his call center cubicle. Someone must have taken his stapler.

4. dog eat dog world

Oblivious, please, stop trolling me. Your obsession bleeds a crush and truly, I don't swing that way. Or, just celebrate how your ilk has choked liberty and the finances of ordinary Americans.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Let me know when the ACLU rounds up and kills millions of people.

6. dog eat dog world

Lockstep with the "new" Homeland Security and Obama's near-reverse take on the reach of the latter institution, "rounding up" might not be too far into the future.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just let me know when it happens.
    Maybe I'll believe you then.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Jesus is Jesus. He doesn't need a portrait really anywhere. He certainly never asked for it. He knew Earth was no place to lay His head. I always use those gorgeous churches erected over decades in Europe as proof. They're empty now. They're just near, old relics in many places. That's because Christianity was never bound up in the architecture in the first place. God's pleased, I suppose, at the effort, but not the detriment of the great commission.

Too many of my fellow Christians are worried about rights that have no bearing on our testimony or witness. That picture will sway no one. An outpouring of our generosity -- most especially for those who don't "deserve" it -- might.

9. The comments on that WaPo story are pretty terrifying. I don't know if it was linked from the Drudge Report or the wingnuts found it elsewhere...but even by the very low standard of Internet commentary, that was pretty bad.

10. dog eat dog world

I don't have any problem with your point at all, but the Atheists Civil Liberties Union is what it is and shows it at every opportunity.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ahem ...

12. dog eat dog world

oh yeah, that's bad stuff...standing up against atheists .... time you liberals in your ivory tours learned that even readers of the WaPo, maybe (gasp!) in the very city it serves --- feel this way in big numbers....that this site isn't a barometer of the nation. I think the time is coming that, just as in the OT, as the Jews got further away from their core values, the yearning to return grew. A few more years of where the Democrats -- with a huge assist from Republicans who helped put them in this position -- are taking us and things will swing a different way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.