1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus loves me — Red Dawn remake on

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 9, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Best. News. Ever.
    And for what it is worth, Ellsworth is a helluva writer. Y: The Last Man is most excellent.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

WOLVERINES!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Powers Booth ain't in it, I ain't watching.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the hell will they remake Red Dawn with terrorism at the core? You've got to have the WOLVERINES! fighting off the occupying forces.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Guess they'll have them beating the hell out of muslims and blowing up a mosque or two.
    And then getting arrested for committing hate crimes.
    This is gonna suck.

6. JayFarrar

The defining quote of my generation: "WOLVERINES!"

I wish it wasn't being updated. I think it should be set back in the mid-80s.

7. Inky_Wretch

If you're redoing it in this day and age, you've got to make the invading force Chinese. It's the only nation with enough soldiers to put an occupying force on the ground here.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe the high school kids can be sons of oil company executives and army contractors attending school in Iraq. It'll be great!

9. JayFarrar

I'll just add, before I get working on my script for the Red Dawn remake, Ellsworth knows what he is doing.
    Y has been a great to read and I think he probably has an idea or four to make Red Dawn work.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Ellsworth is just doing the screenplay for Y, I believe. Series creator Brian K. Vaughan is the writer for Y: The Last Man comic book. And, yes, the book is most excellent. I'm about halfway through the series. Need to pick of the rest of the TPBs and finish it out.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the opening montage of the original focused on the spread of communism and the fact Mexico had become a communist country, which is where the attackers flew from when they invaded.

They could go the China route or they could change "spread of communism" to "spread of radical Islam" and turn Mexico into an Islamic state and go from there.

Personally I agree with setting it in the mid-80s like the original and make it a good old fashioned USA vs. The Godless Commies pic.

12. Inky_Wretch

You can never really go wrong with USA vs. Godless Commies.

Draft saved Draft deleted