1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesse Eisenberg is a prick or the interviewer sucks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 4, 2013.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jesse Eisenberg acted like quite the jerk when he played Mark Zuckerberg in “The Social Network,” and it seems maybe playing that character wasn’t too much of a stretch for the 29-year-old actor.

Try reading some real journalism. The link below paints a better picture of Eisenberg.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/oct/14/jesse-eisenberg-the-social-network

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I thought Jesse played it fine. I laughed. The interviewer sucks. No. 1: Come prepared. No. 2: Don't be a gimmick. No. 3: Have a thicker skin than almost being brought to tears over being compared to Carrot Top when he could have called you much worse. Do these things and maybe the person you're interviewing -- a guy who has been interviewed thousands of times by some of the top entertainment reporters in the business over the past decade -- may not think you're a complete amateur. It's not his job to make you look good, and I think he actually did more work to carry that interview than the reporter.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"So what's it like to be related to a Fantasy Football columnist?"

5. ringer

ringer Active Member

She actually held her own remarkably well.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Total bullshit. It's fake-flirty banter. He's giving her grief, she's playing along. She spent half the interview asking the subject to say her name into the camera. She's trying to get attention, and she's done a good job, plenty more than she would have by just doing whatever her job is.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

That was friggin' hilarious.

8. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Jerk? I don't know, but he's got no business in acting. Can't do that at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted