1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jersey Shore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gene Parmesan, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

But... How does not showing it do anything? Are they going to show what leads up to it and the roommates' reaction?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have my doubts as to the "realness" of that punch — or for that matter, the reality of this "reality" show.

Regardless, it's shocking enough and Italian-Americans are coming out of the woodwork to protest the show.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't know, man. That punch looks pretty damn real to me. That chick's head snaps back like nobody's business. Oy.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Her head snapped back a little too fast considering the dude, who looks shorter and smaller than she, didn't put any body behind the punch. Maybe it's just the frames-per-second of the GIF.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Must be. I'm not sure she's even smart or coordinated enough to be able to time out something like that.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And the RW also showed a guy slapping a girl in the car.

MTV has really lost it. They need to start showing music videos again. ::)

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I hate to take the "she had it coming" route, but there are just too many crazies out there to talk shit to a stranger and not expect repercussions.
    Some people will just laugh it off when some drunk, chunky chick just starts cussing them out. Obviously, others will knock her the fuck out.
    Snooki picked one of the guys that likes knocking people out.
    I'm certainly not saying it's acceptable, but it is what it is.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I wonder if the punch thrower thought it was a dude.
    Not knowing what was said, and having heard her voice, between that and the baseball hat, he might have thought it was a guy talking shit.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You are a total fucking douchebag if you punch a woman, even if she is "talking shit" to you and alcohol is involved.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I

[​IMG]

Jersey Shore ain't goin' off the air! I don't care how many of you (insert slang terms for Italians) come out of the woodwork!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Word. And you yourself deserve an absolute beating, from any bystanders with balls, from her friends, from the cops, or all three.

12. Who gives a shit? I'm not the one going to jail and there's one less bitch who's gonna try to pull the "you won't hit me because I'm a woman" card.

I'll save my tears for women who deserve them.

Draft saved Draft deleted