1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jersey Shore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gene Parmesan, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't that like saying syphillis is a disgrace to the STD family?
    The town the show is set in was nicknamed "Sleazeside" long before this show ever came around.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I haven't seen this show yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Shore_%28TV_series%29

But I'd like to.

The nicknames are idiotic. They have a Vinny AND a lady who spells "Jenni" with an "i", probably dots the i with a heart.

If it's as unintentionally funny as it sounds (aside from douchebag punching a girl in the face), I must see this show.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

When I was a kid, in the years we could afford it we'd vacation down the shore. Seaside Heights was Disneyland, and held over our heads as a threat/incentive to good behavior. Great memories, but I haven't been there in years and years.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Jenni, AKA J-Woww. Yes, that's with three w's. ::)

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I spent plenty of summer days and nights there, too. It was the quickest, easiest shore town to get to that had more to do than just a beach. Wildwood and Atlantic City were both another 30-45 minutes, minimum, and there aren't a lot of other shore towns with a boardwalk like that.
    Seaside wasn't too bad back then (15 or 20 years ago), but there was a bit of the skeezy guido element that gave it an icky feel. If it weren't so far, I'd choose Wildwood 100 times out of 100 over Seaside.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fixed.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You should definitely check it out. They show re-runs all the time. Shouldn't have any trouble tracking it down. Online, too, I believe.

8. Rack this dude.

9. Yep. Not a fan of hitting women, nevertheless with a closed fist, but I'll save my tears for more deserving women. I bet she won't be acting like a bitch for a while.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I finally watched the first episode. I don't think that the Beatles on Ed Sullivan changed TV as much.

11. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Wait a second... They aren't showing the punch, Ryan? Why not? They showed a threesome in Real World: Las Vegas, but they won't show "snooki" getting socked?

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted