1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Rivers vs Falafel Boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 5, 2007.

1. JackS

JackS Member

Yeah, I'm a hick in flyover country. You pegged me.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Jack did parachute into flyover country recently, though. ;D

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nailed it, J_D.

I felt very, very weird, and I feel weird now saying this, but it seemed for one moment like Geraldo Rivera had a personal conviction, that he was trying to make up for 30 years of selling his soul by saying, "Hey, dipshit, no one cares if you're purple, you shouldn't drive drunk, and that's the only fucking issue."

Then the clip ended, and I remembered who he is. But while he was on the screen, he seemed to have a soul.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

FACT!

FACT!

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was an act... Both of these assholes are such publicity whores that the whole thing was staged...

6. No chance, Mizzou. That was the real O'Reilly there, treating Geraldo the way he treated the kid who lost his father on 9/11, and every staffer he's ever had.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't dispute that these two jackasses both legitimately hate each other, but I still think the whole thing was staged...

I hope both of them get hit by a truck...

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

On Howie Carr yesterday, they mentioned a survey of their listeners was something like 80-20 that O'Reilly won this.
    Of course, Carr has done some scientific surveys that prove illegal immigrants are more likely to drive drunk than US citizens.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, 99.8 percent of the guests aren't given the latitude Geraldo was.

The minute O'Reilly even senses that he is about to get backed into a corner with most guests, he interrupts them or --- as he did with a military official a few days ago --- orders their microphone cut.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

However, how many of those guests are in the studio with him? Not challenging you, but don't honestly know..

12. Here's some fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted