1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Rivers vs Falafel Boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 5, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

or a setup like McMahon and Trump

2. The first, and only, time I will ever say this about FNC:
    Damn, that was great TV.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good one... I also agree the rock should have fallen...

4. JackS

JackS Member

You just don't watch O'Reilly enough. Even when you think he's a jackass, the show is highly entertaining.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As a former viewer: No, it isn't.

It's entertaining in the train wreck sense, but even that gets old pretty quick.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

FACT.

7. JackS

JackS Member

It doesn't get old because he adds new things all the time. Recently, he's added a body language segment, a culture quiz, and a regular give and take with Dennis Miller, among other things. I'm not always a fan of his additions, but they keep things fresh. His show certainly doesn't get old any quicker than Colbert's parody, that's for sure.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jack --

I haven't watched in a few years, but I bet I could sit down tomorrow and tell you what Bill is going to have to say on any segment he introduces.

You could say the same about others, sure, but to me his schtick wore very, very thin.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Just watched it.

I kept watching, fascinated, and realized it resembled in no small way what I loathe: shouting heads shouting on shouting shows for the sake of shouting.

This time I actually believed they believed their positions. Maybe that's why I watched all the way through.

10. JackS

JackS Member

But you don't always know what the guest is gonna do. Witness Geraldo.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But you know that O'Reilly will make an ass out of himself be a total dickhead. Maybe that's entertaining to hicks in flyover country who believe in creationism and the 10 commandments in school, but it's lowest common denominator garbage to most of us.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I say we lock them both in Al Capone's vault, and the first one to come out alive wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted