1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Rice returns to the 49ers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh jesus. Here we go again with the "rough-tough no-nonsense Marinelli" horse shit.

If Marinelli (or Martz) were actually free to cut Charles Rogers whenever he saw fit, he would have been cut months ago.

Matt Millen is still running the show. Rogers (or Williams) will not be cut, because that would empahsize for the 987 quadrazillionth time what a complete goddamn imbecile Matt Millen is, and also force the Lions to take a huge salary cap hit, and additionally have to cut other useful players as a result.

Rogers' drug use and attitude problems were already widely known while he was in college. Millen has no excuse whatsoever for burning a draft choice on him. Of course, Millen has no excuse whatsoever for pretty much anything he has done with the franchise.

That QB situation has sure been fixed up brilliantly, eh? Got rid of one mid-30s, washed-up, has-been, self-promotional, swiss-cheese-armed horn-honker in Garcia, and brought in another one in Kitna. Got rid of one mid-20s, burned-out, flamed-out, overrated draft bust in Harrington, and brought in another one in McCown.

And their newly-anointed franchise player, now paid among the top 5 in the league, tackle Jeff Backus, got worked over like an inflatable doll last night by the Cleveland Browns. The Lions rushed for about three yards on 49 carries.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Please, I beg you my man, stop reminding me.

Draft saved Draft deleted