1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Lewis leaving MDA telethon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 16, 2011.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Inky, do you have a linky?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot it.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/201108/jerry-lewis-interview-gq-august-2011

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Seconded.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's not it. The rift between Jerry and MDA has been growing for years.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Way to win us over, Jerry. ::)

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, and here's one of the hundreds of jokes I've told which, many years ago, booked me a first-class ticket to hell.....

Q: What's the definition of chaos?

A: A busload of Jerry's kids going past a magnet factory.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the Jerry Lewis MDMA telethon. That would HAVE to be hilarious.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

It would be tremendous if an individual of global appeal, say a Tom Hanks, took up hosting duties this Labor Day.

All indications are Hanks is a class act. I wonder if he would do it, if asked.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Justin Timberlake would be dead-solid perfect for this role. Charming, excessively likable, probably willing, and not having a multi-day event makes it more attractive. He would also draw in a younger class of star (though I do hope there's always room at the MD Inn for Charo)

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to think there have been attempts to transition over to a new host to set up for Jerry's eventual departure, bring in someone who could get stars of today to participate, and work the affiliates, but I get the impression Lewis has resisted it.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You'd hope. There's a certain kitschy charm to Jerry Lewis and his calvacade of long-ago-spent stars, but that only takes you but so far.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Hell of a good profile. The writer notes what's worth noting and then gets out of the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted