1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerramy Stevens: maybe the dumbest pro athlete of all time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or the most arrogant (BTW, cut today by the Bucs)

Of all of the stupid, idiotic, mind-boggling things athletes do, leaving the team hotel the night before a game and hitting the street corner to sell drugs like you were some common street-hustling mope, to me, takes the cake. What, he wasn't getting enough money from his day job? And this guy has had how many chances in life because he's big, strong and fast?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tough to sell drugs when you drop half of them.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is Jeremy really that hard of a name to spell correctly? Did the guy ever have a chance?

4. baskethead

baskethead Member

He's just a bad guy. I posted this on another thread, but sometime around '99 or 2000 I think, my friend and I were in a nearly empty movie theater and Stevens and his boys came in, he looked directly at me, and sat directly in front of us. I had to move so I could see over his huge head. Not a big deal, but speaks to his character. Check out the Seattle Times' Victory in Ruins series or read Scoreboard, Baby for his full story and this latest thing comes as no surprise.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

HE WAS INTERFERED WITH IN SUPERBOWL XL AND THE STEELERS GOT AWAY WITH IT [\Angola and the rest of the Seahawks fans who can't let it go]

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Stevens has gotten how many second chances and blown them? The guy went to my rival high school and then rival college, that's not why I can't stand him. He just doesn't seem to get it. Never did, and probably never will.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Can't wait until Bodie sees this thread. He's got a couple stories...

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

story background:

http://www.indyposted.com/119975/buccaneers-te-jerramy-stevens-cut-after-marijuana-bust/

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2010/10/25/1773355/jerramy-stevens-legal-troubles-go-back-to-high-school

9. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Don't mean to make you angry, green boy--I don't like you when you're angry--but the irony of the "can't let it go" part of your post supercedes anything I've ever seen in non-blue font on this site.

10. zagoshe

Welcome back, Angola....

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The valedictorian of the class of Husky thugs in late 1990-early 2000. Washington had some real losers and there was no program or university discipline or oversight whatsoever.

12. zagoshe

Thing is, the guy has some legitimate talent and could have been a really good player if he wasn't such a thug.

Draft saved Draft deleted