1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerome Simpson's vertical leap not the only thing that's high

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/01/19/jerome.simpson.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

Been an interesting year for the young man ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He was just getting an early start on organized team activities.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was listening to WFAN shortly after Sam Hurd got busted in Chicago and a listener called in saying something about how you'd be amazed at how many guys in the NFL are into dealing drugs, not just smoking them. He said Hurd was just the tip of the iceberg.

I forget what his credentials were, but he had some sort of connection to an NFL team and came across as very believable.

Francesa usually shouts those kind of calls down pretty quickly, but I remember him being astounded at what the guy had to say.

Take it with a grain of salt, obviously, but this story reminded me of that call and makes me wonder if that guy really was on the up and up.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Enough of them have been busted that it makes you wonder. I consider it more of a Jeff Hardy (the wrestler) issue though. If you have a bunch of money, and you like drugs, wouldn't you just buy in bulk? Discount shopping! And if all your buddies (and their buddies) know that you have a bunch of drugs, I imagine they know they can always buy a dime bag or two off their buddy.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

There's something in the water in Cincinnati.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or the water's in something ... like a bong ...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I - ahem - knew a guy years and years ago who did just that. It was cheaper to buy a pound than by the lid.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would have to think that would also increase the frequency of the using. When I buy a carton of cigs, I smoke a lot more than when I buy pack by pack. Because I always know there's more in the next room.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It really would make sense for Sam Hurd to have someone on each team with a dozen or two dozen regular cash-paying customers.

Would love it to be true, because if it explodes into a scandal the NFL will:

1) Find a way to blame the NBA

and

2) Guaran-fucking-tee TEBOW!!! makes the playoffs next year

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What if Tebow is Hurd's mile-high connection? I'm sure I saw Genesis 9:3 on his eyeblack at Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted