1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerk using environmental law to keep kid from playing basketball in driveway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

This one hits close to home for me as I had some coward on my street call a bylaw officer about my basketball hoop when I installed it. Some people need a donkey punch.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/30/ontario-woman-turns-to-environmental-bill-of-rights-in-bid-to-silence-basketball-playing-neighbour/

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's awful.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I found it funny that the neighbor wrote a letter demanding $25K or she would sue. I'd be calling the cops and having her arrested for extortion. Then I'd file a lawsuit against her for $50K for mental anguish.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Jerk Store called; they're running out of Anne Langdon.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

the neighborhood needs to gang together and recommend she think about moving because it's about to get louder'n a motherfucker up in this bitch if she doesn't

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That would not fly in this corner of the world. Basketball playing is a way of life here ...

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Fuck this fucking fuck bitch pussycat

*I love that the real word is blocked...makes it funnier*

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There seems to be evidence that the kid in question is a good kid, because if this had happened in my neighborhood when we were growing up the teen harassment and vandalism perpetrated against this woman would have been epic.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Good grief ...

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'll even play devil's advocate and say if the kid (bunch of his buddies) was out there at 2 a.m. hooping it up, I'd probably not take it kindly. But, there is no indication of that from the story. If a kid in his own driveway playing basketball after school is bothering you, then you need to get the heck outside.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Out there at 2 a.m. is one thing. But this lady is fucking stupid for challenging this.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If the kid and his buddies are shooting hoop after 10 p.m., his parents should make him cut it out.
    But, as you say, there's no indication of that.

Let the teen harassment begin. I'd start with a barrage of bottle rockets at the windows of her house every evening for a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted