1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho's back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn he took the Ryder truck to a storage place, wheeled out the oil drum nuke and put the cement wall up there. Again, I might be wrong but that's how I thought it went down.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

According to wikipedia (believe at your own risk, I suppose):

From the third episode:
    With the town's remaining stocks of meat about to spoil, a cookout is held in the streets of Jericho. Robert Hawkins and his family are absent from the event. His wife tells him that their children would like to attend, but Hawkins vetoes the idea saying, "We're not ready," and continues to build a cinder block wall in his basement, apparently to hide materials he retrieved from the storage unit. At the cookout, a reflective Mayor Green poignantly observes that this may be the last time they will see the town in such a mood.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought it was in the basement as well.
    But I do remember a trip to the storage locker. It was full of guns and gear.
    It was during the rainstorm that kept everyone else inside since it was radioactive rain.
    Jericho is one of those shows that I just want to see how it ends. I don't really care about how they get there.

SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT

The Tivo lookahead reveals in the next episode that North Korea and Iran were also hit by nuclear weapons.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Back to the wiki:

According to a caption, the episode begins 18 hours after the bombs had exploded. Robert Hawkins is shown donning a yellow NBC suit and gas mask. Stepping out into the rain, he attends to a cache of assault rifles and other supplies, moving a single barrel from a storage unit to a large U-Haul rental truck. The truck bears Kansas license plate KVJ 572.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I actually thought this was the best-acted episode yet. Ulrich and McRaney were very convincing this time.

But four well-fed dogs snacking on home human flesh in the opening scene? I didn't think the producers were ready yet to go there. In fact, if the town is scavenging for food so desperately, I'd start with putting Fido on a dinner plate.

The final scene where Sarah breaks the bald guy's neck and says, "Because this one's different" was kind of corny, too.

I went back to Episode 3 on TiVo, and the device in a barrel that Hawkins took out of the storage shed does resemble one of the nukes shown in Episode 12. Hawkins definitely cements it in a corner of the basement with cinder blocks. (He's doing the work while the town is holding its cookout.)

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Damn. This episode started with a bang.

7. Football_Bat

Now Jericho has a tank! And a nuke!

Delish.

I knew the Marines were fakers as soon as the private called the gunny "sir."

And I'm noticing on this show, everything you see has an implication down the road — such as Hawkins' daughter learning how to shoot.

____

Next week's episode is pre-empted, I noticed. What's up?

8. HeinekenMan

Well, CBS has a full slate with the tournament next week. Maybe that somehow had an impact on Jericho.

9. Football_Bat

Found it.

Since the tournament pre-empts all of Thursday and Friday programming, CBS wants to get "Survivor" in, so they're moving the episode to next Wednesday. "Jericho" will return in two weeks ... and Hawkins has some 'splainin' to do.

10. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Mother...f'er

My DVR didn't record tonight's episode. I left for the gym at 715 and the record light is on...come home and nothing.

11. HeinekenMan

That sucks. At least you can watch it online. Heck, if you buy iTV, I think you can dowload it on iTunes and watch it on your regular TV. That's on my Christmas list next year, along with a big-ass TV.

12. Football_Bat

I fear for my own TiVo ... but I checked the time this morning and it seemed correct.

Anybody get a kick out of when the town finally busted the faux Marines? The gunny practically said, "We'd have gotten away with it ... if it wasn't for those meddling kids."

Draft saved Draft deleted