1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jericho" to pull a "Lost" and split its season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Who's still watching Jericho?

Latest news: "Jericho" to pull a "Lost" and take a midseason break.

Cliffhanger finale Nov. 29; return with a recap episode Feb. 14 and resume on Feb. 21 with no summer reruns.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/11/08/cbs_presents_jericho_in_two_distinct_sea

Good idea? I dunno.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: Who's still watching Jericho?

At least CBS is airing Jericho throughout Sweeps. What was ABC thinking with Lost?

I'm interested to see what was life like the day before the bombs went off -- supposedly that's the premise of the first show in Feb.

3. Freelance Hack

Anybody else watch last night? It was OK. Not great, but OK.

4. Football_Bat

I did like this episode, but the Emily flashbacks were a little "Lost"-like. Methinks we will be seeing a lot more of these in the future.

And what was the big deal with blowing the bridge up? They should've blown it with the mercenaries on it. You could've built a wooden bridge afterward or at the least, waded across the creek. It's freaking Kansas.

Next week looks interesting with the preview. Chinese parachutes?

5. Freelance Hack

How big an idiot is Eric for dumping his wife? He still doesn't know she's with child, does he?

6. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I find it hard to believe that the Hummers couldn't have found another place to cross the river. Also, I thought Heather & Emily first met after the nukes went off. How is it that she was to be Emily's maid of honor at her wedding? That said, the previews have me coming back at least one more week.

7. Football_Bat

It's plausible Heather and Emily were friends before the nuke. In the first episode, Emily was driving to pick up Roger, and Heather was on the school bus. In the episode where the power briefly came back on, they knew each other.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yes, I think they've subscribed to the Lost approach to character-building. It worked on Lost, and it should work here. It's about time. They needed that in the worst way. I've been watching for weeks now, and I know almost nothing about these characters.

But what's up with the bridge fiasco? It's not as though they live on an island. What logic were the writers using here? Are you telling me that the river is so deep and wide and the banks so high that a tricked-out Humvee wouldn't be able to cross? And just how many roads lead into this town? They acted as though the bridge was the only one, but the mayor spoke of another road. The TNT boys surely aren't that stupid. It's a tiny town. It couldn't take more than a five-minute drive to get to the other side of town.

My wife apparently knows who dies. I don't. But I predict Eric to go down in flames now that he's done such a horrible thing to his wife. But that would be quite a turn of events. Perhaps it will be a minor character such as the store owner.

One thing seems certain. Ravenwood isn't playing for the same team as Hawkins. Also, Hawkins spelled backward is Snikwah. I think we all know what that means.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't go with Lost-like flashbacks. It works well on lost, but to just introduce that in the middle of the season -- particularly the way they did them -- wouldn't work on Jericho. I much prefer that we learn about the characters through exposition, such as the small the nuggets that keep getting dropped about Jake's past.

Draft saved Draft deleted