1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho Stinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Nov 30, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I can't seem to find the old thread on the show, but I watched tonight's big cliffhanger episode and walked away with plans to disregard future episodes.

After farmboy went from naked under the covers with his girl to nearly fully dressed on the front porch within four seconds, I cringed.

We finally get something on Jake's past, but it's nothing more than a tease, as if I'm going to stick around forever to find out what he did. Whatever it is, it damn well better be crucial to the show's plot.

My wife didn't know that it was the season finale until the credits rolled, and she was as perplexed as me. Was that the best suspense that they could provide? There was nearly no action. By the midway point of the show, the only true plot development is that they're looking for a killer, which we already knew going into the show.

In any case, I'll have to be really pressed to continue watching this show. It has terrible acting, terrible writing and terrible directing.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

SPOILERS below

You knew the Emily's fiancee was coming back just because she and Jake were about to get it on. And where has Heather been the past two episodes?

I liked how they got Dale to off Mitchell. And I liked that they didn't wait until February to reveal the election results.

Still, I haven't been impressed with a lot of what's been happening lately. The Hawkins situation is way too confusing. Maybe the whodroppedthebomb.com site will answer some of those questions, but it better not be another Other Jerichos.

I'll probably come back to the show in February, but it better get better. Or else, the (audience) fallout could be fatal.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll watch it if they add giant radioactive ants to the plot.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think they have different writers for each episode, which may explain the ups and downs of the quality of each one. I for one did not think this was that bad.

Dale offing Mitch sets up the possibility of Gray getting falsely, um, fingered based on his statements during the episode. Roger's return with the stragglers adds more to the sexual intrigue, which is extended with the deaf girl hooking up with Skateboard Boy. Hawkins getting busted trying to quit MI-6 or whatever the hell he's a part of in the final scene adds to the suspense further.

But has anyone noticed there's someone for everyone on this show? For instance, if Jake and Emily don't work out, there's Roger for her and Heather for him? The one who seems the odd girl out is April, who is pregnant.

Like I said before, this show is a cross between "Lost" and "One Tree Hill." You get the best and worst of each. And I would like to see more of Bubbler's monster ants. And more survivalists. You know, the kind of stuff you expect to see after a nuclear war. Otherwise, I will watch in February.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

April can always hook up with the other doc, that came from Rogue River.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oooh, good one.

Draft saved Draft deleted