1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 10, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For what it is worth, the Hollywood Reporter said the show was done on CBS, but it could still make the move to a cable network.
    So the finale may not be the finale.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I tried to watch the show, but I thought it was pretty dreadful... I'm glad it's canceled.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Gee, that's nice of you. Enjoy Kids Nation II, America's next top dancing model or whatever the fuck they put on instead.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Given the budget for the series' production, the finale is the finale.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i16295f10f81874297d9c13c91f04a4a1

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's over ... it's over ... It's not over!

Woo-hoo!

The main event ... (hopefully) coming to cable.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I like that they left it available to be picked up by another network while tying up many of the storylines. If it never comes back, it doesn't feel terribly unresolved.

If it does come back, it could still be excellent.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This has been the weirdest TV season ever, but also one of the more satisfying. Really enjoyed the episode, but who was the guy who was the guy who intervened while they were ripping off the ambulance. I thought it was the town mayor who shot Hawkins. Anyway, thought they did a great job tying things up. This, along with Journeyman and Cane were allowed to wrap things up, and as a viewer, I appreciated it.

10. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

The guy who shot Hawkins was the guy who started calling him about the bomb. That was the ultimate bad guy. That really left a door wide open because I believe that guy also shot one of the other people on his own team. He seemed to want that bomb for himself. But maybe I'm wrong.

I guess I could see another season or two. But it would be epic in terms of what it might encompass. An entire civil war is a story much larger than one small city coping with a national crisis.

11. Anybody catch Marlo from the Wire as the soldier Mimi talked to?

12. statrat

statrat Member

I was just about to post that. That guy seems drawn to low-rated critically aclaimed series.

Draft saved Draft deleted