1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 10, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whatever happens to the show, that would have seriously sucked if CBS just left people hanging after the last episode last year as New Bern advanced on Jericho.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'd hate to see this show go off the air, but at least they can bring it to some kind of conclusion and not leave it with Jake essentially telling New Bern to bring it on.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Final episode sneak peek:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/video.php?cid=629546370&pid=HAqUI1qRLS8bl7CJBosBn3PIDUcGgWtS&play=true&cc=2

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Will it be canceled or will they renew it and ship it to another network, or keep it?

I don't have a clue. I get the sense CBS is thinking long and hard about it.

They'll have to decide in the next 7 days.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I don't understand the point of dragging this out. Had they taken a much slower course with the action, it might work. At this point, however, the show has run its course. We know just about all of those things that once perplexed us. We're just a single confrontation away from some sort of resolution.

Even if they found a way to drag that out for another season, we'd be left with a boring back story about Jericho National Bank's grand opening, etc., etc. It was great while it lasted, but it's over.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's the deal with Cheyenne and enemy attacks. Cheyenne was spared in Red Dawn as well and was the "front" for the US.
    I was really hoping Hawkins was carrying a dummy nuke device with the homing device, ah well. Can't believe he and Jake are going to go 9/11 Cheyenne in a Cessna, there's nothing there to really hit.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I disagree ... as I was watching this week's episode just now on iTunes, I kept thinking of the hundreds of directions they could take the show in terms of trying to rebuild the country.

I think there's plenty of story left to cover several more seasons.

And damn, that was a great episode.

8. Italian_Stallion

I suppose you could throw in twist after twist, but I'd become agitated if they did.

9. Football_Bat

This show borrows a lot from the headlines, as you probably know. I think they chose Cheyenne because it's in Dick Cheney's home state. In the show, Cheyenne is the capital of the corporate government. Look at Iraq and Halliburton.

The relationship with Red Dawn is certainly only a coincidence.

10. Football_Bat

Come to think of it, this could be the ultimate cliffhanger for CBS: Will they show Version A (the season-extender) or Version B (the series-ender)?

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

HOLLYWOOD -- “Jericho,” the low-rated series that was canceled after its first season but then was revived through fan support, is being dropped again, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said Friday. The show will conclude Tuesday.
    “Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program,” Tassler said. “We simply wish there were more of them.”
    The series, about a Kansas town that survives a nuclear attack, , attracted 7.2 million viewers when it returned Feb. 12, but the audience had dropped to 5.8 million by last week.
    Two endings had been prepared for the end of the seven-episode season. The one that airs Tuesday aims to provide “closure” for fans.

12. Italian_Stallion

They should have made this a two-hour special. There seems to be a lot they'll need to fit into an hour. I was under the impression they had two episodes left. This is going to have a cheesy rushed ending.

Draft saved Draft deleted