1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Judging by the overnight ratings, I'd say its renewal chances are 50-50.

Its ratings were up from last year's finale and it beat a new Boston Legal, but it got nosed by an SVU rerun. A lackluster lead-in by Big Brother against a two-hour Idol didn't help.

Luckily, Jericho has Sci-Fi Channel to fall back on if it can't cut it on CBS.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Huh? I thought there was talk of that after the original cancellation and the consensus was that it wouldn't happen. Have you heard different if it's killed after this season?

3. Football_Bat

Sci-Fi showed a Jericho marathon the day before the Season 2 debut and will show Season 1 reruns — err, "encore presentations" — on Monday nights. No, I haven't heard anything definite, but the fact that an NBC-owned network picked up a CBS series and embraced it with a forum page and other features, by itself, does raise eyebrows.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wouldn't you know it: stuff is actually happening. Guess that's what happens when you get seven episodes to live or die.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to think an ex-journo had a hand in writing the dialogue between Jake and the Modesto Bee reporter. Talk about acidic and yet on-point. And why does it seem that every reporter who is ever a character on TV is a Pulitzer winner? In this case two-time Pulitzer winner.
    Solid, solid episode.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

"Second-largest paper in California, though we had a little help getting there."

Brilliant.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Umm, this isn't a good sign: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/02/jericho-where-m.html

8. Football_Bat

Esai Morales is awesome as the major. He's my new favorite actor on the show.

The LAT blog is right ... this show is not really sci-fi, at least not in the second season. It's definitely more of an action mystery. I wish it had more Mad Max stuff in the first season, though.

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Wow. That was an action-packed episode, the best I've seen to this point. And, yes, Morales is incredible. I didn't watch NYPD Blue, but this guy deserves a shot at a big movie again.

10. BRoth

BRoth Member

After watching the first season online, I'm glad that things are actually happening in this short (seven episode?) run.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that in the first two episodes, Mimi has had a larger role in wearing less?

Just a thought.

11. Football_Bat

They shot this last summer, so no surprise.

12. Football_Bat

Modesto Bee chimes in on its Jericho shout-out:

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/217667.html

Draft saved Draft deleted