1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Tyler goes to Israel, gets out of shape, hurts NBA chances

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Jeremy-Tyler-s-Israeli-experience-thus-far-a-fai?urn=ncaab,200966

Very interesting. Some individuals can't make the adjustment, it seems.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thamel's piece in the Sunday Times. The kid seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/sports/basketball/08tyler.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=Jeremy%20Tyler&st=cse

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's actually telling his professional coach that he knows nothing about basketball? Oy, vey.

Sounds like the kid really needed that senior year in high school. It's hard enough being 16 or 17 in high school, much less being expected to be a grown man in a professional job.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sure, it's always Israel's fault.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I honestly don't care about these articles, considering it's in the best interest of these writers to paint a negative picture about him.

His success puts the jobs of college basketball writers in jeopardy because no newspaper or online magazine will bother sending a writer to Israel, Italy, Greece or some European country to cover players who've made the leap from HS to overseas.

We saw this with Brandon Jennings who is proving a lot of bad wishers otherwise.

I'll take it with a grain of salt and let this thing play out.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sounds like the kid really needed that senior year in high school.
    [/quote]

Most do. And by most, I mean all.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I see no problem with him playing overseas professionally at that age. It's no different than the experiences that faced Tony Parker and Ricky Rubio.
    Most do. And by most, I mean all.
    [/quote]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I screwed up that quote function thing. My bad.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I blame the Jews for ruining my NBA career, as well.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Supposedly Jennings could barely walk and chew gum over in Italy last year, and he's been close to a sensation in the NBA this year. Which tells me that the Euro leagues are a lot closer in talent to the NBA, or these articles are full of shit.

I'll withhold judgment as well on this guy, until the dude is (or is not) playing in the NBA.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

::)

Draft saved Draft deleted